|14.08.2001 - Homepage has moved again|
The Homepage has moved finally to http://toadies.hd-rec.de.
|02.04.2001 - Homepage has moved|
The Homepage has moved to http://toadies.online.de. Webspace
was too small because it was a drawer on my big projects site http://hd-rec.de.
If you are interested in MIDI/audio things you may want to have a look there (it is still under construction).
|25.03.2001 - New Version 8.0 b|
I did some minor changes for the Amiga Future Magazin CD release.
|22.03.2001 - Updated docs & homepage|
Because of many bug reports and problems I have added a known bugs & problems page. Have a look
there before mailing me, maybe your problem is known an can be solved.
|05.03.2001 - Version 8.0 available !|
Because I did many changes I decided to jump to version 8.0. Changes:|
I uploaded this to Aminet. I also found a bug in the game which causes the machine crash after some rounds. I didn`t manage to
fix this as it is a bug in BlitzBasic2. I have to rewrite this command using my own assembler routine, but I haven`t had the time for this yet.
- now you can`t fall as deep as you like with your toadie
- fixed some serious bugs that could crash the machine
- added those nice bubbles when something drops into the water
- added option to select the number of particles an explosion causes
- sounds are a bit more dynamic, they vary randomly in their pitch
- improved behaviour of Toadies and mines again
- improved the edit teams option slightly
- improved some weapons and optimized their prices
- improved the levels again
- new skin "Jungle"
|01.03.2001 - Survey at Toadies homepage|
I have translated the survey of Amiga ARENA into english so you can now vote on my site.
|26.02.2001 - Survey at Amiga ARENA|
There is a survey at the Amiga ARENA where you can vote for this game if it should become
shareware so I can put more time into this project and add a computer player for registered users.
|25.02.2001 - Version 7.5 available !|
Here is a new version of Toadies:|
There are still some bugs left, so it is a good idea to reboot after playing. It also crashes
sometimes during the game. Don`t run anything in the background, especially tasks which have
disk access, as it disables multitasking.
- improved the leveleditor
- improved heavily the behaviour of the toadies and the mines
- added overscan option (beta)
- improved edit team option
- improved homing missile
- made the flamethrower and the earthquake more fair
- changed some prices of weapons
- "rotating bug" is gone now
- mine-is-invisible-after-earthquake-bug is gone now
- new skin "cheese"
- changed a few exisiting sounds
- added time-out sound
- added fieb! sound for the airstrike
- improved mousepointer
- fixed graphics bug in weapon menu
- free memory check, loads low quality sounds when chipmem is low
- enhanced the doc and this homepage (which is nearly the doc)
- fixed tonns of small bugs
- plus some other suff I forgot (phew!)
|18.02.2001 - New features were requested|
The following features were requested:
- computer player
Many people ask me about a computer player. I already tried this in 1997 but they played too stupid and calculated. Because
of this, I decided to remove this feature when I uploaded it to Aminet. The game should be played by 2 human players anyway, most fun
it is with 3 or 4 players.
It is a bit difficult to implement this, because the toadies need a kind of intelligence. Maybe I will implement this
when I have the time, but don`t expect this feature in the near future (sorry).
- overscan / screenmode selector
The game engine is based on planar graphics, so it is impossible to implement things like graphicscard support without a complete
rewrite. What I can do is an overscan option, which will be included in the next version.
- better behaviour of toadies
I know that the toadies bounce off a wall not very realitic and you can not count on that they slide down a hill into the water like
it is in the real worms game. I will enhance this in the next version too.
- run it on a A500 with 512K chip and 1 MB fast ...
No way ! Sorry, but you can not have all these sounds, graphics, sprites and big playfields on a low spec machine. What I can do
is a check for free memory and for the CPU speed to that things in option menu are predefined for your machine.
It might be possible to run it on a 68020 14 Mhz CPU, 1 MB Chip and 2MB fast, maybe. This will also be included in the next version.
- more skins ...
OK, I will make one more skin in the next version. What about you ? See "how to make your own skins" !
Send me your skins, and I will include them in the next version.
|18.02.2001 - Newspage created|
Because there was so much resonance on this game I decided to make a (temporary) newspage.
At this place I will write about new features and updates.